Arbit Choudhury
Worlds's First B-school comic character

And click the image above to
Join Arbit MBA YahooGroup
Arbit Blog Posts
Arbit Appreciation
Making of Arbit
Origin of Arbit
Initial Strips
Arbit Appreciation II
Arbit Appreciation III

Archives
Previous Posts

Hit Counter
MastishK
. . . and the minds behind it

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere....this blog began on 23rd August 2004".
This blog is a saga . . . The saga of an idea transforming into an event ! If you are visiting for the first time, it would be advisable to start from the first post... you will have to go to the archives for that.
Sunday, September 12, 2004
What MastishK gave Me !!
Hi friendzz ....

its shoOOonya again . . . . . .

Hope you guys are having fun visiting the MastishK website and Blog .....

Ashi's assurance ki "saath mein padhenge aur pass ho jaayenge" made me realise two things ....
1. I realised that exams are just round the corner from 20th September ... (I'm not sure how much will i study and how am i going to detach myself ) from MastishK.
2. I haven't touched books for the entire module ... Not attended lectures properly (PPMA types = Physically Present Mentally Absent)
3. I have a set of friends who are going to take care of me . . .
(hey ... counting mistake ... I had said two things ....)

MastishK has given me 6 very good friends .... Nikhil, Milind, Shubham, Payal, Ashita and Medda (he is yet to write in this blog) ! We are an inseparable group of 7 individuals now (I call it G7) ....

With the Module end phenomena of assignments / reports / projects submissions on the head on one side AND the launch of MastishK website on the other . . . i would have surely gone crazy under the pressure. It is this group of solid seven that is holding me together.

Daily we have lunch / snacks / dinner together and go for a walk in and around our NITIE Campus. The lush greenery , the NITIE pond and the Mumbai Monsoon ... walking up and down the roadway ... we share a few laughs and live life in tranquility. Once we are back to the hostel rooms, we are refreshed, re-energized ; ready to scratch the head ... the MastishK over the different aspects of MastishK.

I had always thought that I am not good at multi-tasking .... but being the co-pilot seat of Mastishk .. I have relaised that i am handling soooo many things simultaneously. What an experience.

Infact ... I will take this opportunity to thank first the whole of G7 to keep me going. In their absence, I would have not been able to do sooo much. Its their presence around me that has motivated me to keep going. Of course, there are others who influence me and motivate me, but the G7 is like a support system for me.

Coming back to MastishK ... The past few days have been hectic like hell .... Me and Nikhil were literally the only ones making pages and keeping them ready for uploading. The others were busy with other kind of work.

But it was fun ... sleepless nights ... 3 am Night mess rounds ... I did not go to the lectures for almost a week ... whew ....

Now that the Quiz and Crossword is launched, its another challenge to keep things going on. Technology cannot be always trusted. And after the ones who handle technology are humans. And To err is human ... to mess up things requires technology. hehehehehe.

The Counters at the MastishK Onlines games site as well as this Blog are ringing and continuously increasing in leaps and bounds. The MastishK Site counter crossed 900 in just two days (Saturday - Sunday) and the Blog caught more than 222 .

It's actually performing much better than i expected considering that many campuses are somewhat empty with exams getting over and students visiting their homes. I guess I had somewhat under-estimated MastishK and its potential to spread like a virus. Let me quote Agent Smith from the MATRIX (sounds like MastishK ;-) [This one is Nikhil's favourite ... so i will dedicate this to him ....]

"I'd like to share a revelation I had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we, are the cure." Agent Smith in "The Matrix"

Chalo .. ciao ... will connect with you later. Got a test and a series of presentations.

You keep smiling and have a nice day .....

Keep visiting MastishK ... Blog and Gaming Site !!

... shoOOonya ...

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI group
I am saurabh shrivastava ,friend of Arbit Choudhary, currently working in Oracle (Hyd).
I saw you ur website and read ur blogs.First of all,Let me congratulate all of you for doing such a commendable job.I can understand the effort required for making this site inspite of your busy schedule.Congratulations once again.
I am adding this comment just to add an advice.You know that advice in India is absolutely free......These days most good sites are multilingual.So you can also make this website as multilingual.For this you have to use a tool called Microsoft WEFT(Web Embedding Font Tool).You can get this in Developer IQ June CD.This is a very simple tool to use.May be adding different language options may spurt new ideas in your MASHTISHKs.I think your exams are there so you can add this feature when you have some free time.
OK then,
Best of luck for your exams
Regards
Saurabh Shrivastava

 

Post a Comment

<< Home