Arbit Choudhury
Worlds's First B-school comic character

And click the image above to
Join Arbit MBA YahooGroup
Arbit Blog Posts
Arbit Appreciation
Making of Arbit
Origin of Arbit
Initial Strips
Arbit Appreciation II
Arbit Appreciation III

Archives
Previous Posts

Hit Counter
MastishK
. . . and the minds behind it

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere....this blog began on 23rd August 2004".
This blog is a saga . . . The saga of an idea transforming into an event ! If you are visiting for the first time, it would be advisable to start from the first post... you will have to go to the archives for that.
Thursday, August 26, 2004
The humble beginnings
We experimented all day today trying to figure out the optimised page-design. Checked out a lot of effects etc . . but now its too late and we decided to give it a break because we cannot afford to miss the class tommorow . . I think we are almost near the solution . . its just a matter of time .. am sure we can complete the page optimisation tommorow . . . back again . . . let me continue the story where I left . . the beginnings of the team MastishK . .

I sent the document (whose excerpt I quoted in the previous post) to many people in the batch, and finally I could create a team of few (5 to be precise) people who were to start the work. They were Hemant, Shubham, Milind, Payal and Kartik - apart from me of course.
I bet none of us realized that we could end up with such a large event. To start with I had in mind crude ideas for a strategy and media game and Kartik came up with an idea of a logistics game. We trudged slowly – very slowly. I did get a lot of assurances form friends outside this team too that they would help as and when need arises. But the challenge was to create that need, to create a basic structure for the event that would lay the foundation for the rest of the development to follow.
It was hard time, especially because all of us were soon to get busy with our summer internships. We trudged slowly, and when I started for my summer internship in April, we had hardly come any far from where we started. But it never occurred to me that we would not succeed, I somehow had a lot of faith in future – that was pretty eccentric of me I believe.

Well it seems that this blog is getting very personal, which I didn’t intend it to. It’s high time I bring in newer characters in the story and actually hand over the baton to them.
The beginning of the Mastishk team was also a beginning of my relationship with Hemant. His enthusiasm is infectious (so is mine probably ;D). Slowly as we started working he became as passionate about the idea as me; no wonder he today is coordinating the event with me. I plan to introduce this blog to him tomorrow morning, hope the next post here will be by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home